Old 26-03-2004, 09:12 PM
richard patefield

Default [IBC] MSWord (totally OT)

He's a friendly intermediary between you and the Help files. Thats
all.

If he is the same as in previous versions you can turn it off by going
to Help/Hide the Office Assistant.

Hope this helps.

Richard

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:35:12 EST, you wrote:

In the latest versions of MSWord, what is the purpose of the little Mac
computer who stands in the corner of the desktop? He looks at me, looks at the
toolbar, asks me what I want to look up, and when I run a spell-check he dances
around and stands on his head. But he doesn't really do anything useful. Drives
me nuts.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: