Old 27-03-2004, 12:05 AM
mick

Default snake in tree

Hi to the group,

Just a quick note that I have posted a photo of the snake in
alt.binaries.photos

Best Wishes to all,

Mick
"mick" wrote in message
Greetings to the group,

I think I may be posting to the wrong group but here goes.Today my dog
Daisy(Jack Russell) was barking and I knew from the sound of her bark

there
was a snake in the back yard,she usually gets a couple of brown or whip
snakes every year but when I got out she was backing off a bit which is
unusual for her and then I saw why there was a snake that I estimate to

be
at least 8 foot long.I came out of the ferns and went into a tree in my
backyard about 6 feet up and just stayed there,it is a beautiful looking
thing.I think it may have ate something because it looked like it was

asleep
and I think that is what they do to digest their food.It is definitely a
phyton but I do not know what kind but what I am trying to find out is

how
long it would have taken to grow that large.I am at Caloundra on the
Sunshine Coast if any one thinks they may know also what type of python it
is,

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen,

Best Wishes,

Mick