Old 27-03-2004, 02:17 AM
James

Default anyone planting their gardens this week?

(Craig Watts) wrote in message .. .
On 24 Mar 2004 06:37:13 -0800, gardener
wrote:

I am starting my organic garden this week and wonder if there are other folks
out there who are doing the same.
I know you are supposed to plant radishes and lettuces directly into the soil,
but I did them in flats first.
Have you ever transplanted radishes? I am going to try it.
I did the same with my beets.
Also, has someone else successfully grown Sunflowers?
I know this may be off the preserving subject, but
if you are preserving you are probably growing as well.
the gardener

I planted peas and radish 2 weekends ago. They were dorment last
weekend. Last night I checked after work and they were both up around
an inch tall.

Craig
Raleigh, NC

I planted radishes on March 1. The packet said 25 days. Well I'm not
eating any yet. They don't even have true leaves yet. I did thin and
transplant the thinnings.