Old 27-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Ford

Default Ludisia discolor help

I've been given a L.discolor that is in need of some help, some time has
been over watered and the main stem (it's a horizontal L shape) that was
carrying the roots has rotted but the main part of the plant seems to be
fine it is flowering at the moment but the leaves are rapidly shrivelling,
I'm guessing with no roots it's not going to last long unless something is
done ASAP.
Can the connection between the flowering part and the old rotted, rootless
part be severed and potted separately, will it re-root in time to save the
plant or can it be saved by perhaps a layering propagation?
Many thanks,
ChrisR.