Old 27-03-2004, 04:32 PM
WmJBkr

Default What plant is this

Cereus wrote:
Since when do Epimediums have purple trumpet shaped flowers?

"WmJBkr" wrote in message
GoldLexus wrote:

It is a ground cover, has leaves like Ivy, in the Spring it has
purple trumpet shaped flowers.
I have some growing under a Pine tree but have bare spots and
would like to fill in those bare spots with more of this ground cover.
I just don't know what it is.

One of the Epimediums, perhaps?

http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog...nt/page29.html

Epimediums are certainly available in "purple":

http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog...ail/03518.html

....and while not literally trumpet-shaped, the flowers might give that
impression if not examined closely. Considering the vagueness of the
description, I suppose my guess is as good as yours... had you ventured one.