Old 27-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Plant Swap Input Requested

The message
from escapee contains these words:

Our garden club brings at least one plant and numbers are picked from a hat.
If, at the end of the first round there are plants left, it is a free
for all.
I always bring tons more plants than I take. It's getting harder and
harder to
find things I don't already have.

I did, however, fine a variegated artemesia the other day.

Our garden club holds a raffle at every meeting (great fundraiser,
tickets are 5 for one pound). The prizes are whatever plants, unwanted
xmas gifts etc anyone brings, but they aren't numbered so as each number
is drawn from the hat, the winner gets their pick of what's left. I got
a dierama pulcherrima last time :-)

When we started doing the raffle, some people donated gardening books
they no longer wanted. Then someone had the bright idea that donated
books should instead become a communal gardening library for all
members. They are kept at a member's house for collection and the list
is circulated at meetings (over a hundred and growing).

Janet.