Old 27-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Sacha

Default Which Maple tree?

Rod27/3/04 1:50
om

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 12:28:41 +0100, "Mick"
wrote:

Hi
We want to plant 3 Maple trees at the bottom of our garden as we like their
colour in the Autumn

snip

Maples are wonderful plants

snip
put some of the smaller slower acers like
the deeply dissected A. palmatum forms in front for some brighter
autumn/spring colours and A. griseum for a slow growing small tree
that looks good every day of the year (rich red/brown papery peeling
bark and a shape that looks aged in a distinguished sort of way within
a very few years - also good autumn colour)

Not a Maple but another thought the OP might like to consider if autumn
colours is wanted - Liquidambar.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)