Old 27-03-2004, 08:18 PM
hugh

Default POISONING CATS?

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
martin writes:
| |
| | The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
| | not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK.
| |
| | Mosquitoes are there and not here.
| |
| | and unless you live near a major international airport.
|
| Even then, only for some ridiculous meaning of the word "serious".
|
| Catching malaria is serious for the person involved, but not you
| sitting on your bum in a college somewhere :-)

I suggest that you read the above a little more carefully. They
are not a serious health risk in the UK, because the chance of
them transmitting malaria EVEN near Heathrow is miniscule. The
aircraft flying overhead are more of a health risk, as you will
discover if you look up the statistics.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Don't look up in Hounslow - or you will get kerosene in your eye!!
--
hugh