Old 27-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Kristen

Default Rewiring my Workhorse 5 ballast?

"Buzzard Face" wrote:

Why don't you just replace the 96watt bulb with a 55watt. Re wire the way
fulham says. Your making assumptions about the wiring that are a little
dangerous. Also, dropping the voltage will burn the bulb out faster, that's
assuming it works at all.

I don't have the money to replace the bulb...

Why will it damage the bulb to run it at lower wattage, I'm wondering?
Won't it just burn dimmer to have less electricity flowing through it?

And why are the assumptions about wiring "dangerous?" That's how a 55
watt bulb is supposed to be wired, according to the diagram I
eventually found on their site...

Thx,

Kristen