Old 27-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Mike

Default Soil mystery

"Phil" wrote in message

Going to dig in and explore tomorrow morning. Trembling with
anticipation........mind, I've got some lovely soil for the borders.
If it is a rat.........then it must be huge. Ants.........End of the world
as we know it. Body........nobody missing from the locality.

Phil

I will put a tenner on rats. You will find chewed up newspaper or other
paper, possibly polythene, and a nice little soft lined nest in the middle.

And if there are ratlets in there, they will run faster than you can catch
them :-))

and if cats were all they were cracked up to be by the crack pot
enthusiasts, you wouldn't have a rats nest in there. We are over run with
the wretched things and 'still' had rats :-((
(Might be better now the old boy who did live next door has died and so
there are no longer birds in the aviary at the bottom of the garden :-))