Old 28-03-2004, 03:53 AM
Robert

Default Good plants for shaded areas?

Thanks,

That might actually work nicely for some sections of our property. How do
you start something like that off? At our old house in Durham we tried to
plant ivy on a slope in front of the house and it failed miserably. I've
been trying to grow some Carolina Jasmine here which is supposed to be a
fast grower and it isn't doing much either. I don't seem to have the touch
when it comes to vines. I do best with vegetables in raised beds and
everything else is downhill from there

Robert

"ncstockguy" wrote in message
om...
Vinca Major is a fast growing, aggressive ground cover that grows well
in the woods. It is like periwinkle only much larger. It will pretty
much take over an area, however, but is nothing like some of the worse
spreaders like kudzu or Ivy.