Old 28-03-2004, 04:06 AM
Kelly

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!! _____ lhhiBTjNA

I know in the tech industry that a lot of jobs go to China and India because
they produce 3x
the amount of comp sci grads every than the US. I live in Canada and we get
recruited for US
tech jobs because our graduate trainging is more up to date and more
experiance driven rather than
then academic compared to that of our counter parts in the US, at least in
the Pacific Northwest
which is where the bulk of Tech comes out of anyways.

A lot of people complain about outsourcing tech jobs over seas but they do
not realize the needs
of the companies cannot be met here. Steve Balmer CEO of Microsoft recently
said that they have
hired tech people out of India and China simply because the demand is not
met here in North
America. He also mentioned that the cost wasn't an issue since they still do
their R&D over here
in the silicon valley and a lot of times end up moving people over to
America.

I guess the point at least in the tech sector is that the work is here you
just have to go get it.