Old 28-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Mike

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!! _____ lhhiBTjNA

"Byron L. Reed" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:56:05 GMT, wrote:

An outsourced
operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where

some
greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and

displacing
American workers in the process.

That "greedy American corporation" is probably included in the 401(k)
retirement plans of most everybody who reads this. Average American
workers gain from this.

The savings the corporation makes gives them pricing power, causing the
average American worker to spend less money to acquire their goods and
services.

The establishment of business infrastructure in third world companies
require the purchase of capital goods from the United States. This is

good
for average American workers who produce it.

The removal of expensively educated American workers from mundane
operations allows productivity to increase and engenders new business
enterprise in the United States. This is good for average American workers
(who aren't content with being lazy and insisting they keep the same job
for life).

For every non-competitive American job that is moved overseas, many more
poor local people are to work. Thus, many more people are allowed to
improve their lives. This injection of income encourages adoption of a
modern economy, government, and social stability which will reduce the
excuses for terrorism. This is good for average American workers - and
everybody else in the world.

The only people who really lose in the outsourcing equation are members of
outdated and inefficient un-American union labor.

BLReed

I worked for Compaq for seven years. Without warning I was told to go into
the cafeteria for an important anouncement. We were told to go straight to
por lockers, get our stuff and go home. we were not allowed to get our stuff
from our desks. We had to call to make an appointment to retrieve our
belongings. one thousand two hundred jobs went to India. Our average pay was
$14.00 per hour. The people in India who whose education was paid for by
Compaq earn an average of $2.15 per hour.
HP (who owns Compaq) Had profits of eighty-seven Billion dollars last year.
I am still out of a job, and will be applying for welfare when my
Unemployment insurance runs out at the end of April. Most of the people who
were laid off have not found work yet. Can you explain to me once again how
this is good for this country? How did I, personally gain from this?

What is a non-competitive job?
Are you talking about a unskilled job?
Put an ad in the paper saying you are looking for somebody to clean shit for
minimum wage, you will have dozens, if not hundreds of people applying.
EVERY job is competitive.

Mike