Old 28-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Clare Sleeter

Default Orchids

Elizabeth, I will email you if I can to help/
I was at Kew last year for the EOC and can only hope that this year was better
than last.

Clare Sleeter wrote:

I beg to differ, I have seen wild orchids blooming above the Arctic Circle
in Iceland.

Tom Randy wrote:

(Liz Harket) wrote in
om:

Has anyone any hints on growing orchids from scratch. I have one
bulb( I'm not even sure if that is what they are called) which has aa
shoot about seven inches long, how long before it will flower? I have
some others waiting to be planted. Can they be outside in pots? I
have been told it will be alright provided the temperature is above 5
degrees. Did anyone go to the 10th orchid festival at Kew Gardens -
amazing!

Are you sure it is an orchid? No orchid I'm aware of will stand freezing
temperatures. Is there a tag or some kind of indentification for this
"bulb"?

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/