Old 28-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Rod Out back

Default snake in tree

"len gardener" wrote in message
just saw the pic mick,

my money is on it being a carpet python aka (Morlelia spilota).

enjoy

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

I would also peg it as a Carpet Python. A decent sized one as well, and
looks to be quite healthy.

The cool thing about most of the pythons of this type is they have
heat-sensitive pits under the jaw, which allows them to 'see' via
heat-vision. Makes them pretty good at tracking down the elusive prey.

Very good mouse-catchers; I like having them around. They scare the living
death out of you when you meet them unexpectedly, but they are greats snakes
to have patrolling your ceiling. For some reason, the frog brothers guild
here tend to disagree...

I would also keep an eye on your dog, if it isnt a very big one. The big
carpet snake here years ago used to eat the odd kitten, and the snake in the
pic is bigger than the one we had. A jack Russel is probably too large for
it, but I wouldnt tempt fate...

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back