Old 28-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Mick

Default Which Maple tree?

"Rod" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:58:26 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Not a Maple but another thought the OP might like to consider if autumn
colours is wanted - Liquidambar.

If the op's site is big enough, autumn colour doesn't get better than
this. We've got a young L.s. 'Worplesdon' here, still quite small but
it's a real stunner.

Thanks for all the replies everyone,
after a quick trip to the Nursery my other half fell for a Liquidambar
styraciflua and also a Quercus palustris (she's getting into this now), I'm
going to choose the Acer griseum as Rod suggested, the bark looks very
interesting.
Our garden is 14m wide at the narrowest point (bottom end), we're still
hoping to dot a few more in down there, with all the neighbours trees there
will be a mini wooded area eventually, cant wait for ours to improve the
Autumn colour though.