Old 28-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Phisherman

Default Help with frog identification

On 28 Mar 2004 07:54:10 -0800, (Lou Minatti)
wrote:

I just spotted this beautiful green frog on a banana this morning:
http://www.watchingyou.com/frog_3_28_04.jpg

I live in suburban Houston. I searched around on the web to identify
the species, and the closest I came to was the White-Lipped Treefrog.
It's somewhat similar in appearance to what I saw, but I don't think
it's a match. If any frog experts can identify it, I'd be most
appreciative. Thanks.

It's Hyla cinerea. It can have a white or yellow stripe on the upper
jaw and side of the body. It sometimes has tiny gold spots edged with
black on its back. Found in the South, especially within a couple
hundred miles of the Gulf, from Texas and up to N.Carolina.