Old 28-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default How do I attract butterflies

On 28 Mar 2004 02:30:10 -0800, Craig wrote:

I am a novice gardener with only a small back yard and small flower
bed at my disposal. I have heard in the media that butterflies are
under threat in the UK. I would be grateful of advice as to which
plants I should grow to help sustain our butterfly population.

I suggest you find out which species are seriously threatened and
known to still occur near you; then plant whatever it is they
feed on. It seems to me that it is more useful to specifically
encourage the species most at risk. After all, cabbage whites are
butterflies yet are hardly threatened!

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada