Old 29-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Steve Harris

Default How do I attract butterflies

In article ,
(Craig) wrote:

I have heard in the media that butterflies are
under threat in the UK. I would be grateful of advice as to which
plants I should grow to help sustain our butterfly population.

Traditionally, they love Buddleja and I used to see them mobbing the
bushes. The Buddleja are still spreading in gardens and on waste ground
but the butterflies are nowhere.

Maybe Buddleja went out of fashion with butterflies, or they've
developed a taste for foreign holidays? Another theory is that the
British National Party had all the coloured ones thrown out. Certainly,
only white butterflies bother my cabbages - try panting some of those.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/