Old 29-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Flavour and tomatoes

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I ordered seven varieties noted for flavour from Chase (HDRA), they arrived
some time later than my visa was debited and I sowed them the same day in
exactly the same way as I always do, in the greenhouse.

That was two weeks ago. The lettuce, cabbage and sprouts have germinated but
not the tomatoes. I'm even more disgruntled now, the seeds were expensive
and there weren't many.

Unless your greenhouse is very well heated, you'll wait at least another
week, maybe a fortnight - unless we get a spell of really sunny weather.

Grrrrrrrrr

Don't be impatient. I would have planted them inside in trays or
individual pots.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/