Old 29-03-2004, 05:12 AM
k conover

Default Loud "spitter"

Or should I just get a pump that pumps less gallons per minute? Wouldn't
that solve the problem...?
Kirsten
"Hal" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:25:01 -0500, "k conover"
wrote:

Okay, I have two openings on the water filter in my pond--one is attached

the tubing that pumps water over my mini (3" max?) waterfall, and the

other
was just shooting water out in the pond. So I go to Home Depot and get a
kind of "spitter" that shoots water up in three beautiful streams that

curve
back over into the water. Lovely, and suits the look of my 1923

Craftsman
house!
Only problem, instead of the lovely musical tinkling water sound I was
hoping for, it sounds like a faucet is running in the pond--not very
esthetically pleasing.

You can build a restrictor in the line to reduce the water flow before
it gets to the point you want less water and a trickle sound. If
you restrict the line at the end, you get a more forceful stream, but
if you put a restrictor/washer in a line fitting close to the source,
the stream slows at the end of the line.

I would increase the flow of the other line to take pressure off the
pump, although most pond pumps can handle some pressure on the line.

Regards,

Hal