Old 29-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Willem Carstens

Default [IBC] a Baobab diary 2

I have 4 Baobab seeds and have been watering them patiently for about
a month. I see no growth. I know that Baobabs are naturally slow to
germinate - but should they be THIS slow?

I have germinated some Baobab seeds this year and in my experience they
should
germinate within a month or so.However this does depend on what kind of
treatment
you gave the seeds before you planted them.I put my seeds into very hot
water over
night and planted the ones that swelled up.They broke through the surface
of the soil
about 2-3 weeks later.Scarifying the seeds also helps.The seed i bought
where already scarified
when i got them.

Hopes this helps.

Willem Carstens