Old 29-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default mushroom boxes

In article , Rod rodcraddoc
writes

I'm going to look deeper into this, our cook's been asking about
oyster mushrooms. I saw something in one of the weekend papers a month
or two back about a microbiologist & a forester who have teamed up
growing a vast range of edible fungi on low value timber. I think
they're selling spores as well. I can get as much sawmill waste as I
can take away, I just need the spores and the know how.

Dobies are selling plugs of spawn for oyster mushroom, shiitake, and
that hedgehog fungus that you sometimes see in the wood. They say you
just drill a hole in a newly cut log and puch the plug in.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: