Old 29-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Steve Harris

Default UV?

In article ,
(Franz Heymann) wrote:

A daylight fluorescent tube is OK, but you will have to
suspend it just a few inches above the seedlings, otherwise
they will become leggy.

I've just started experimenting with a low-energy bulb. It's the sort
with 3 U-shaped prongs and is rated as 20W in 100W out (sort of)

It's 6-12" away from a tray of marigold seedlings and they are
definitely bending towards it. A check with a photographic light meter
suggests it's giving them fairly bright days.

Actually, I wonder what would happen if I left it on 24/7?

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/