Old 29-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default UV?

In article ,
(Dcjtee) writes:
| I've just started experimenting with a low-energy bulb. It's the sort
| with 3 U-shaped prongs and is rated as 20W in 100W out (sort of)
|
| Put it in the bin! Logic says you don't get anything for nowt. It is the old
| fashioned 1.25" daylight tubes that you want. Cannabis growers swear by them!!

No, don't! Use it where you want to replace a 100 watt incandescent.

Logic is right, but that is because a 5' fluorescent tube is 65 watts,
not 20, and is equivalent to 4 100 watt incandescent bulbs. I don't
know of any reason that the thick tubes are better than the thin ones,
though.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.