Old 30-03-2004, 03:58 AM
B.Server

Default Composting Live Oak leaves

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:36:53 GMT, c (Scott
Harper) wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations or anectodes related to composting
live oak leaves?

[...]

I have Spanish Oak, pecan, live oak, ash and elm leaves in my yard.
For the most part, I compost all of them, but since the live oak leave
sometimes fall after I have begun mowing again, they often just get
mulched into the grass. I have used a few cubic yards of my neighbors
live oak leaves a thick mulch on some beds. It works pretty well to
retain moisture and prevent weeds, but it tends to repel anything but
a prolonged watering.