Old 30-03-2004, 05:00 AM
Brian Anderson

Default Composting Live Oak leaves

Scott Harper wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations or anectodes related to composting
live oak leaves?

I tried the whole compost heap thing about 14 years ago, but
my "compost heap" was really just a huge pile of oak leaves
with some grass cuttings thrown in. It never broke down, but
did provide a home for about a gazillion varieties of
cockroach and lots of other creepy things. I found that out
by surprise one night I started bagging it up to get rid of
it. They say that every year around twilight on the
anniversary of that date you can still hear my screams echoing
through the neighborhood...