Old 30-03-2004, 05:36 AM
Brian Anderson

Default Green water and CO2

Thanks Marvin,
I have read up on UV sterilizers and was
wondering if they would be a solution. I will check it out and see what
happens.

"Marvin Hlavac" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
I am at a loss on how to get rid of this green water permanently.

Hi Brian,

I think you are doing everything right and there is nothing much to worry
about. It is a new setup so it is to be expected that you may encounter

some
algae. For green water problem some people recommend to completely darken
aquarium for 4 days which you have done with partial success. However,

that
method may result in you not liking how your plants have grown during the
four days of no light. I prefer the UV-sterilizer method. UV-sterilizers

are
inexpensive and they will solve the problem 100%. If you don't want to buy
one, chances are your friendly local fish store will lend you one for a

few
days.

--
Regards,