Old 30-03-2004, 05:37 AM
McQualude

Default Rototillers, roots, and rocks...

(Rob) said:
My question is: Do I dare rent a walk-behind rototiller to break this
up for a garden, or do I hire or rent a tractor to come till it up for

It would almost be easier to excavate and refill with topsoil. What I
would recommend instead, is to create raised beds for your garden. Raised
beds will save a lot of work and there are many advantages. Look in the
library for a book on raised bed gardening. One method is called Square
Foot Gardening, you can search the internet or check the library for info.
--
McQualude