Old 30-03-2004, 06:02 AM
noone

Default New to gardening and very young

Hello. Long post sorry. Well the background is I am a teenager almost 18
now you know the age . I know little of what I have read so far since I
know nothing about planting. Still I don't know much at all. I have a
little area in the back of my house, a yard. I want to garden do something
with that yard. It is a yard covered in grass in weeds we just cut it when
it gets high. So its not a nice grass lawn but just a common grassy spot
hehe. Regular crud. Problem is I don't know where to start. I know I have to
remove some grass I don't want to remove the whole thing I would get in
trouble with the folks. So I have to start with a small section.

I absolutely know nothing of terms I have read example mulch, spading, etc.
I just want to see if maybe some nice people may help me get started in a
small project in my yard. My budget is really small lol. Maybe some veggies
might be too tough. so there it is I do not know what to do and need
help.
AREA DESCRIPTION:
Its a small yard.
Seperated by a wooden fence but connected to the neighbors yard. Fence runs
above the dirt. So its like a big lawn that was constructed then divided by
a fence. But I have my share. Dont know if that matters.
Gets good sun out there. I am in South Florida. The dirt in the yard is
black.

If anyone can help a complete beginner I would really appreciate it because
I would like to grow something and feel proud about it.