Old 30-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Katra

Default Composting Live Oak leaves

In article ,
c (Scott Harper) wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations or anectodes related to composting
live oak leaves?

I have tons of them in my yard right now, and it would be nice to use
them for something other than a campfire...

But I've piled these up before, and they just don't seem to break down.
Granted, I haven't tended much to them, in the way of turning, etc. But
I have a couple friends who generally have the same experience.

So what's the word from the wise gardeners out there? Can live oak
leaves be effectively composted? Any special tricks?

thanks
scott

Bag them in black bags, water then well, tie the bags up and leave them
in the sun...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov