Old 30-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Cerumen

Default chicken manure

"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in message
s.com...
I've got a small free-range egg/chicken farmer round the corner.
If I can get him to give me some of his animal's muck, say from the

stalls
or whatever, can I use it on the garden? In the compost? Or am I wasting

my
time? Does it have to be rotted like horse manure? What about diseases,
are there likely to be any problems?

I used to keep a large number of free range birds and always composted
their litter from the nesting roosting houses, it was very good stuff and
when I could get wheat straw bedding it grew amazing mushrooms around the
base of my tomato plants after being laced with spores. (And many other
rather more unexpected places)

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork