Old 30-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Alastair

Default Sick plum tree - probably silver leaf

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in message ...
Why do you think that it is silver leaf? Most fungi aren't, and
many are not seriously harmful. Your approach isn't unreasonable,
even if it is a harmless fungus.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Simply because it is a harmful fungal infection I have heard being
closely linked to plum trees and pruning at the wrong time of year.
The fact that several of the branches of the tree have no leaf buds
apparent and one of them has golf ball sized growths makes me think
somethings up.
I guess it might not be silver leaf, but I don't think it is
harmless...

Alastair