Old 30-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Christopher Norton

Default Compost

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:

The message
from Inge Jones contains these words:

Well I'm not going to have a compost heap of my own and the neighbours
don't either as that would take up about 20% of the planting area, so
what's the best easily-available bagged stuff to spread each year?

Mushroom compost? (Try yellow pages under mushroom producers). Or,
your local council may sell compost it makes from green-waste
collections.

Janet

Our council gives away the resulting compost from the local cemetary.
All the flowers, leaves and grass cuttings etc. The amazing thing
is...... wont even consider delivery untill it`s a 10 ton load. Thats a
considerable amount of compost!!!

They do say its given away as soil improver and not compost tho.