View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 30-03-2004, 03:12 PM
C. Smith

Default Back Issues of Sunset Magazine

I'm trying to track down the date of publication of an article that I believe appeard in Sunset Magazine in the 60s. We recently purchased a second home that was originally built by friends of the family. My mother believes that the house was featured in
Sunset magazine while she was growing up in the 60s. The owners names were Floyd and Ole (or Ola) Johnson and the house was located on Blakely Island in the San Juan Islands of Washington state. The house was completed in around 1964, so I'd imagine tha
t the article would have appeared around then. My mother seems to recall that it was featured because it was all electric. We've recently remodled it and discovered, it was clearly state of the art at the time -- central vac, built in blender/food proces
sor, dropped celings and lovely dressing rooms. This was particularly unusal because the island was extremely remote. I've already contacted Sunset magazine directly, but they were unable to help me. I was thinking that maybe one of the big archive serv
ices like Lexis Nexis may have cataloged stories that far back. Any help in directing me to resouces or the actual issue date would be wonderful!