Old 30-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Dewolla Stepon

Default Back Issues of Sunset Magazine

Best bet is to go down to your local library and look in the Reader's Guide
to Periodical Literature. Most online indexes only go back ten years or so,
but the RGPL usually can go back 100 years.

Hope this helps.

- Dewolla Stepon

"C. Smith" wrote in message

I'm trying to track down the date of publication of an article that I

believe appeard in Sunset Magazine in the 60s. We recently purchased a
second home that was originally built by friends of the family. My mother
believes that the house was featured in Sunset magazine while she was
growing up in the 60s. The owners names were Floyd and Ole (or Ola) Johnson
and the house was located on Blakely Island in the San Juan Islands of
Washington state. The house was completed in around 1964, so I'd imagine
that the article would have appeared around then. My mother seems to recall
that it was featured because it was all electric. We've recently remodled
it and discovered, it was clearly state of the art at the time -- central
vac, built in blender/food processor, dropped celings and lovely dressing
rooms. This was particularly unusal because the island was extremely
remote. I've already contacted Sunset magazine directly, but they were
unable to help me. I was thinking that maybe one of the big archive
services like Lexis Nexis may have cataloged stories that far back. Any
help in directing me to resouces or the actual issue date would be
wonderful!