Old 30-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Invasive Plants

The story of the cherry trees as a gift of friendship from Japan was
overblown as I posted previously. The Japanese destroyed any American-Japanese
friendship less then thirty years after the trees were planted.

True, but fortunately WWII is long gone. As a gift for our Bicentennial in
1976, the Japanese gave a magnificent bonsai collection to the National
Arboretum, forming the nucleus of our National Bonsai and Penjing Museum.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)