Old 30-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Ka30P

Default Is my snail dead?

The snail is surely dead. I would net it out.
You don't want it decomposing in a small pond
and messing up your water quality.

Snails eat a variety of things depending on what kind of snail they are. They
eat rotting debris and fuzzy algae growing on pots, sides, rocks and plant
stems. Some of them eat the plants themselves. It sounds like you might have
(or had) a japanese trapdoor snail. That is a good pond snail.

I've adopted all my snails from plants that I bought at the nursery. You can
often find two or three different varieties in a tub full of nursery plants.

kathy :-)