Old 30-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Suitable bagged soil for fern

"Inge Jones" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

Hi, I'm going to buy some ferns that say they like

"fertile, humus-rich,
well-drained soil". I am going to put them in a shady

bed that needs
topping up with several bags of soil because it's little

more than a
hole at the moment.

Given that I'm in a position to choose the soil, which

of the various
bagged composts available do the people here think best

suits the
description above?

Oh I finally "landscaped" my garden - I should put the

pictures on my
site now (-:

Maybe no one's going to be able to answer this then. Ok I

phoned the
company I was thinking of buying the ferns from and they

said I could
use John Innes no2 with some leaf mould mixed in.

Does anyone know where I can buy leaf mould? I've

searched the internet
and found pages and pages of how to make it, but none for

sale.

One does not buy leafmould. One either makes it or steals
it.

Franz