Old 30-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default How do I attract butterflies

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:40:10 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:

[selecting a male nettle]

Useless information in my case, since the whole back yard of
one of my neighbours consists almost exclusively of nettles.

The young shoots of nettles are supposed to be a fairly good leaf
vegetable when cooked, having the great virtue of being available
in early spring when little else is.

And isn't there a recipe for nettle soup?

You may laugh at the suggestion implied in that, namely that you
eat your neighbor's nettles out of existence. Let me draw your
attention to one-time neighbors of mine who eradicated groundsel
in their garden by feeding it to their cockatiel.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada