Old 30-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Kay Easton

Default How do I attract butterflies

In article , Rodger Whitlock
writes
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:40:10 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:

[selecting a male nettle]

Useless information in my case, since the whole back yard of
one of my neighbours consists almost exclusively of nettles.

The young shoots of nettles are supposed to be a fairly good leaf
vegetable when cooked, having the great virtue of being available
in early spring when little else is.

Yes, they are good - they're a lot more tasty and substantial than some
of the other leaves offered as a 'spinach substitute'. But your finger
pads feel a bit strange after you've picked a pound or so.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: