Old 30-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Julie

Default total absence of worms...

Jane Ransom wrote in message :
Just check you don't have any New Zealand flatworm first, or any worms
you introduce will be consumed by them anyway

I found a flat worm today. I did not know what it was until I saw this
post and looked it up. It was definately a flat worm and I tossed it
back into the garden before I knew what it was. (Tried to go back and
find it...but like a needle in a haystack is the task:-( )Now I will
be on the look out for them.

My question is this.....are we supposed to report the finding of a
N.Z. Flatworm to anyone in particular.

I did a google search on flat worms and found a site recomended in an
OLD posting ( 2002) but as it has not been updated in 2 years I though
I would ask if there were any agency or person that needs to know.

I am in Northern Ireland.

Thanks
Julie
N.Ireland