Old 30-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Phisherman

Default Lavender and Chamomile

On 30 Mar 2004 06:50:53 GMT, (JStubbs358) wrote:

I live in central Tx zone 8b. What would be a good lavender to grow here? I
mostly have sun, but do have some shade.

Also will Chamomile grow here and again which kind? I love mixing the 2 scents
in baths!
Judy

Not sure about the Chamomile. I have "true lavender" in full sun,
growing between two large pieces of concrete to help keep the soil
alkaline. With most herbs, you want to be extra careful about too
much fertilizer. Lavender will probably do well in central Texas.
Older plants seem to prefer less water. I trim the lavender twice a
year to keep it in a mound shape. If you grow it from seed, it takes
a long time to germinate.