Old 30-03-2004, 07:42 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default phal hybrid limp and unhappy

I also had the same problem with a phal I repotted as there weren't many
roots left and the plant was constantly limp for weeks.I put it in a shadier
place and kept the compost moist,its leaves perked up quite quickly.I was
underwatering it and giving it to much light.It is now showing signs of root
growth.

--
Thanks Keith,UK.
"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
"Rosa Palmén" wrote in message
I got a phalaenopsis hybrid (dunno what), that was blooming, but after a
while one of the leaves started going a bit limp and wrinkled. From the

old
flower stem it shot out a new stem with new buds, but then the next two
leaves started getting wrinkled too.
I thought I might have given the plant too much water, and decided to
replant it in a pot with a less dense compost. When I replanted the

Phal.
noticed it had very few roots left. I decided to cut off the flower stem
with the new buds, hoping the plant would use it's energy on growing new
roots instead of flowering.

It has now been a few weeks and I haven't seen any change, how long will

it
take before I know if my phal is going to get better or worse?

I had similar symptoms with a phal. I think that I was paying to much
attention to the "don't overwater" warning and was, in fact,

underwatering.
I have been watering more often (about every 5 days rather than every 8-9
days) and it is looking better. Too soon to tell if it is really cured,

tho.

--
Peter Aitken