Old 30-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Tomato Spirals?

writes:
Loki wrote:

I'd like to try staking this year. Just don't know what method to

use.

I read one just a week ago. They put stakes in at each end (10feet)
and planted the tomatoes in between. then as they grew they wove
twine from one stake to the other, and adding twine as the toms grew
taller. I didn't see a picture, but they must use 2 twine each time
to hold the plant. It said they grew much better that when
individually staked.

This is how I do it:
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...766&p=60247499
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...766&p=60247632

I plant peas on the outside, the tomatoes on the inside. The tomatoes
reach the
trellis just about the time the peas are done. The stakes are buried a
good two
feet, and the whole thing has lasted 5 years so far.

Loved the bird (nest) photos!

Glenna