Old 30-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Ray

Default Volcanic Lava Rock

Sounds like diatomite, a/k/a/ Dyna-Rok II

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"tbell" wrote in message
nd.net...
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:59:53 -0800, GrlIntrpted wrote
(in message ):

I held the rocks in my hands, they're pretty rough,
uneven, and I thought that they'd surely damage the orchid roots

I've bought a few plants with a smooth, lightweight, striate, yellowish

tan
rock from 1-2 cms in size mixed in the medium. It doesn't look like LECA.
I've never seen it packaged for sale. Anyone recognize this description?
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
To reply by e-mail, please remove APPENDIX