Old 30-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Marcus Fox

Default plants bubbling?

"Brian" wrote in message
I hear some folks talk about their plants "pearling" or producing oxygen
bubbles, usually in connection with carefully fertilized tanks and CO2
injection systems. How about planted tanks without CO2 & fertilization?
Anybody have a decidedly low-maintenance tank with plants that visibly
put of oxygen?

The reason I'm asking is because I think my no-maintenance 5 gallon tank
is showing this right now. It's making me a believer in well-lit setups.

2cu ft, 30 watts, planted, DIY CO2. Only maintenance I've done in a while is
feed the fish! Plants bubble all the time, but the bubbles are produced
regularly, only they come from one spot at a time on different plants.

Marcus