Old 31-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Phisherman

Default Aloe Plant Propogation

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:12:26 GMT, "chaz" wrote:

I have an aloe candelabra that I would like to propagate into several
plants.

If I snip off one of the "arms" will it root? If so, what method should I
use?

chaz

If you use just a leaf, I doubt you will get that to root. If you are
referring to a sucker (that you call an "arm"), that should work. A
well-established aloe in a pot will send out suckers (young shoots)
that form a cluster of plants. Cut away the suckers with a sharp
knife as close to the main stem as possible. The sucker usually does
not have roots, but pot it up and they will grow their own roots.
Avoid fertilizing the sucker for at least a year.