Old 31-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Eric and Bobbie

Default Cement VS Flexible Liner

Eric wrote:
We just put in a pond this spring we live in the Chicago area. So we have
harsh winters, We installed a firestone liner 45 mil 20 by 25 18 in deep
with a 3 ft winter over spot and have covered it with over 4 ton of
boulders from 150 lbs down to 1 lb. It looks very realistic, I have a few
other friends that have done the same and are on there 4th year with no
problems. I sloped the sides and stacked the smaller rocks on top of the
larger ones working my way up. You can not see any liner at all, I did the
same on the 25 ft long stream and water fall. It was allot of work but the
end result was worth it. We were kinda ruff on the liner but it held up just
fine. Also just for price comparison, Liner 250.00 Rock 5 @ 85.00 per ton.
I do have some pictures, but no web site not enough hours in the day to make
one I guess. 4 kids lots of sports. Can email pictures to anyone though.