Old 31-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Steve Wolfe

Default Fertilized, then aerated?

Why wouldn't you want to use a complete fertilizer? You're feeding
your lawn candy canes with that stuff.

Candy canes, huh? Wow. I'm completely amazed. One of the most
heavily-used elements in any living organism, and you call it candy canes.

Do you happen to think that the grass will take up nitrogen in abundance,
and somehow deposit it somewhere like fat? Or do you believe that it will
somehow go ahead and build it's tissues completely out of nitrogen, leaving
out other elements? I would be very, very interested in hearing about just
why you think it's "candy canes". Finding out how plants' use of nitrogen
correlates to an animal's use of sugar would be oh-so-fascinating.

(Besides, you seem to have missed the part where I said that I cut the
ammonium sulfate into a much larger quantity of more balanced fertilizer.)

steve